The County of San Diego's FY 2022 Budget Includes these ISDF Priorities:
Office of Labor Standards Enforcement
- The County of San Diego will create a central place to outreach to workers about their rights and enforce labor standards.
Office of Immigrant & Refugee Affairs
- This office will provide a centralized location to support immigrants and refugees in accessing the services and resources needed to thrive in San Diego.
Immigrant Legal Defense Fund
- $5 million was included in the budget to provide free legal representation to people seeking asylum or facing deportation.
Cash Aid for Excluded Workers
- At least $10 million in ARPA funds were allocated for stimulus payments to immigrant workers excluded from federal and state benefits.
Youth Environmental Recreation Corps
- $1 million to provide opportunities for youth to access green jobs in the County.
Tenant Counseling & No-cost Legal Services
- $15 million to provide no-cost education, counseling, and legal services for tenants facing economic hardship.
Hazard Pay for County Workers
- $36 million for hazard pay for County employees who have been on the frontlines of the COVID response.
Mobile Crisis Response Team (MCRT)
- The MCRT program will become available 24 hours a day in the North Coastal area. The County will also begin the process to make MCRT available Countywide.
Doula Care Access Pilot Program
- $400,000 for a Doula Care Access pilot program to provide assistance through the prenatal, birthing, and postpartum process for low-income families.
Free Phone Calls for Individuals in Incarceration
- Starting July 1, 2021, individuals incarcerated in County facilities will no longer be charged to contact their loved ones.